[opensuse-announce] GNOME Helping Hands Project Launches
  • From: Bryen <suseROCKS@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 07:49:18 -0500
The openSUSE-GNOME Team is proud to announce the launch of the Helping
Hands Project. Our first event will be the Helping Hands Grand Opening
in the #opensuse-gnome channel on the FreeNode IRC network, June 27th at
14:30 UTC. To find out the time in your area,
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=6&day=27&year=2008&hour=14&min=30&sec=0&p1=0

The Helping Hands Project is designed to bring together experts from
various areas of the GNOME environment with users who want to learn more
about openSUSE-GNOME and applications that run in the GNOME environment.
Helping Hands Experts will present on the topic of the week and then
open the floor up for questions and answers from users.

The Grand Opening event will be an extended two hour event attended by
many of our GNOME team members to offer advice and answer questions for
setting up and customizing your new openSUSE 11.0 GNOME environment.
For those of you new to openSUSE, this will be a great time to get those
questions answered and learn just how great the 11.0 distribution is.

Check out our Helping Hands section at
http://en.opensuse.org/GNOME/HowTos for upcoming topics of interest. We
promise an exciting season covering a wide array of topics. And if you
can't make it to the event, we'll post a transcript afterwards.

Interested in a topic not listed? Submit it! An expert in an area of
GNOME or an application? Volunteer! Want to promote and increase
awareness of your project? Be a Helping Hands Expert!

If you have questions, feel free to shoot me an email at
bryen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
--
---Bryen---

Let's rejoice a "There are no dumb questions" culture.
But I really need you to have a "No dumb answers" policy before I answer your
question.