Mailinglist Archive: opensuse-announce (12 mails)
|< Previous||Next >|
[opensuse-announce] openSUSE Build Service Version 0.5 Release
- From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 13:58:12 +0100
- Message-id: <200712211358.12884.adrian@xxxxxxx>
The openSUSE project releases the version 0.5 of the openSUSE Build Service.
This code drop does provide the functionality as provided on
https://build.opensuse.org/ the first time as official tar ball release.
Pointsettia provides the complete infrastructure to build single hardware
architecture distributions. System images can be created via KIWI
Overview of a few enhancements in Pointsettia:
* Improved repository generation. Repositories get generated out of process
of the scheduler. This makes the scheduler faster and more reliable.
* Improved signing for repositories. Each project get now its individual gpg
key for the repositories
* Convenient project deletion now available.
* Bugzilla linkage. Link added to create new Bugzilla reports for certain
projects or packages
The openSUSE Build Service (OBS) is designed to host sources of packages. It
can reuse sources from other source repository systems like svn or cvs, but
it is more often used to maintain all necessary files around a tar ball
release from another open source project.
The OBS features the project modell, which allows easy team building around a
set of packages and allow the cooperation between upstream software
developers and multiple packagers. It does also enable developers to adapt
existing packages and to offer different flavors of them for their use cases.
The goal of the OBS is to become a complete open development platform for the
openSUSE distribution. Therefore it does focus esp. on consistent package
building via automatic package rebuilding in case of changes of dependend
package changes to guarantee always a consistent build.
Next years developing will focus on improving the collaboration features to
allow submissions requests to all projects, what will allow direct
contributions to the openSUSE distribution. Later on we will complete the
necessary features for creating installation medias and improving the
* The Build Service development takes place in Novell forge at
* The version 0.5 can be downloaded from
* Packages are packaged in the OBS itself
* Current svn version can get checked out from
We wish you already a happy new year of 2008 !
Your OBS development team.
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse-announce+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse-announce+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx
|< Previous||Next >|