[opensuse-amd64] sendmail setup
  • From: "Mikhail Kuzminsky" <kus@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2006 22:57:09 +0300
I need to setup sendmail on old SuSE-9.0 for AMD64 installation on Opteron server.
sendmail configuration must be extremally simple - for direct send of messages through smtp and for direct accepting of messages via smtp.

Unfortunately the SuSE docs I found was very short, so I attempted to send or receive some mail via usual command-line MUA (nail).
MTA was setted via Yast for permanent connection.
But
1) I found in /var/log/mail that tcpwrapper reject the accepting of messages from particular mail server.
There is no information in tcpd that it is used for sendmail also.
Is it right that I must modify /etc/hosts.allow for sendmail ? And how ?
2) sending of mail don't works also - the message goes to dead.letter

Sorry, what should I also add to suse-linux.m4 (or may be other file) ?

Yours
Mikhail Kuzminsky