Re: [suse-amd64] xterm will not open a windows
  • From: José Luis Ricardo Chávez <ricardo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 11:53:17 +0200
Dear Peer,

I am not sure about SLES9 but in recent SuSE Linux versions the xterm application is
not part of the Xorg distribution but is provided in a separate package (e.g.,
xterm-208-14 in OpenSuSE 10.1). Could you please verify if the file /usr/X11R6/bin/xterm
exists and/or if the xterm-* package is installed (rpm -qa | grep xterm)?. If it is
installed and still you don't get a window, please look for execution errors in the
following files:

~/.xsession-errors
~/.X.err
/var/log/Xorg.*.log