mounting USB drives on SUSE 10.1
  • From: Michael Steinhauser <mistr.rot@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 06:31:57 +0200
Hi,
does anyone know how I can mount USB-drives in SUSE 10.1 with another
windowmangager than kde/gnome?

I?m usually running enlightenment with xfce-panel and taskbar. At time
I?m only running XFCE, waiting for enlightenment 1.7 to come.

I managed to mount the cdrom-device manually, but can?t do that for
usb-devices. There is no entry in fstab for usb.

There is an mention to use autofs, but i don?t know how to handle this.
It seems, autofs is only loaded when nfs or samba is started. I have not
found a way how to start the autofs-demon in sysconfig.

I think it?s very sad there is no (little) support for Windowmanagers
other than kde/gnome, those "wannebebetterthanwindows".

Starting always in kde to read/write on usbdevieces is no real solution.