RE: [suse-amd64] SuSE AMD 64 bit supports Intel "Core 2 Duo" ?
  • From: "Jean-Lin Pacherie" <pacherie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 13:49:09 +0200

I understood that "Core 2 Duo" will be available only end of July. Are you
talking about the current "Code Duo" or the new "Core 2 Duo" ?

The availability schedule on July / August is for Europe, maybe you already
have some PCs build upon the new Core 2 Duo in the US ?

All the previews I read about the new Intel proc architecture say that it
will be far more efficient than the current K8 AMD architecture.

I'm not an hardware expert and I may be missunderstood some key points, but
I'm ready to heard some explanations.

Regards
Jean-Lin

< Previous Next >