Failure to configure on 10.0
  • From: Caisa Persdotter <caisa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 09:12:24 +0200
I just got myself an AMD64 computer and have run into some problems.

When I try ./configure prior to compiling a program I get the following
message

"
checking build system type... admin/config.guess: unable to guess system
type

This script, last modified 2003-06-17, has failed to recognize
the operating system you are using. It is advised that you
download the most up to date version of the config scripts from

ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/config/

If the version you run (admin/config.guess) is already up to date, please
send the following data and any information you think might be
pertinent to <config-patches@xxxxxxx> in order to provide the needed
information to handle your system.

config.guess timestamp = 2003-06-17

uname -m = x86_64
uname -r = 2.6.13-15.8-default
uname -s = Linux
uname -v = #1 Tue Feb 7 11:07:24 UTC 2006

/usr/bin/uname -p =
/bin/uname -X =

hostinfo =
/bin/universe =
/usr/bin/arch -k =
/bin/arch = x86_64
/usr/bin/oslevel =
/usr/convex/getsysinfo =

UNAME_MACHINE = x86_64
UNAME_RELEASE = 2.6.13-15.8-default
UNAME_SYSTEM = Linux
UNAME_VERSION = #1 Tue Feb 7 11:07:24 UTC 2006
configure: error: cannot guess build type; you must specify one
"

What shall I do to make configure to work?