firewall settings for VNC?
  • From: "bob sandefur" <rsandefur@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 14:08:34 +0000 (UTC)
Hi-

I don't seem to be able to logon to suse 10.0 from windows VNC unless I run
as root and turn of the firewall completely.

Can some one point me to a reference on how to set firwall in 10.0 to allow
remote access from local network?

Thanks

Robert (Bob) L. Sandefur PE

Senior Geostatistician / Reserve Analyst

CAM 200 Union Suite 430 Lakewood, Co

80228

rsandefur@xxxxxxxxxxx

303 472-3240 (cell) <-best choice

303 716-1617 ext 14

The content of this message may contain the private views and opinions of
the sender and does not constitute a formal view and/or opinion of the
company unless specifically stated.

The contents of this email and any attachments may contain confidential
and/or proprietary information, and is intended only for the person/entity
to whom it was originally addressed. Any dissemination, distribution or

If you have received this email in error please notify the sender
immediately by return e-mail and delete this message and any attachments
from your system.

  • No further messages