Re: [suse-amd64] Asus AMD64 Laptop and SuSE Linux 10
  • From: Ryan Biltz <rbiltz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 22:10:54 +0000 (UTC)
Ummm...not much help but I can at least tell you that prism54 is not broken on suse 10. I'm currently using it with a netgear wg511 on an IBM T40 laptop.

--ryan

Daniel Latshaw wrote:

Greetings List,

Sorry if this is not the correct list for these questions, but the
laptop list is Deutsch and i do not read Deutsch. Besides, the problems
i have may be more related to the 64 bit architecture than being a laptop.

Here is my Hardware:

Asus Z8100 Laptop
15.4 LCD
1GB RAM
AMD Athlon Mobile 3400
DVD Burner/CD Burner

I installed suse 10 from the DVD. I can not get my SMC 54G (#SMC2835W)
to communicate via tcp/ip. It can "see" the wireless router, if i do an
iwlist scanning it shows my network information (and some of my
neighbors!) But it will not obtain an ip address from dhcp nor will it
work if i assign one staticly.

lsmod shows the prism54 module is loaded.

i have the isl3860 in /lib/firmware (both from YOU update and my
prism54.org archive)

The card works under fedora core 3 and knoppix.

The pcmcia slot and software is working, as my Cisco Aironet card works
flawlessly.

On my wife's laptop, i am having the same problem with XG-600 mini pci
card. I have swapped that out for an intel mini pci and that works fine.

Does anyone know why the prism54 is broken in suse 10?

Thanks in advance, and let me know if there is another list i should use.

Cheers,

--
Daniel H. Latshaw
Pitbull Solutions, LLC.