Re: [suse-amd64] screen config problem
  • From: Brad Bourn <brad@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 16:23:11 +0000 (UTC)
A proper modeline is the most important for widescreen.

Here is an example I used to get my laptop running widescreen.

<sample>
Now the following steps adds the 1280x800 screen resolution.
Change the Monitor and the screen section within xorg.conf

Section "Monitor"
Identifier "Monitor0"
VendorName "Monitor Vendor"
ModelName "LCD Panel 1280x800" # different from original file
HorizSync 31.5 - 100.0 # different from original file
VertRefresh 30.0 - 100.0 # different from original file
Option "dpms"
UseModes "16:10" # insert new line
EndSection

# notice many lines changed
Section "Screen"
Identifier "Screen0"
Device "Videocard0"
Monitor "Monitor0"
DefaultDepth 16
SubSection "Display"
Viewport 0 0
Depth 16
Modes "1280x800" "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
EndSubSection
SubSection "Display"
Viewport 0 0
Depth 24
Modes "1280x800" "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
EndSubSection
EndSection

Now create a new section and insert it anywhere after any of the EndSection
statments in the xorg.conf file.

Section "Modes"
Identifier "16:10"
Modeline "1280x800" 107.21 1280 1360 1496 1712 800 801 804 835
EndSection

</sample>

B-)

< Previous Next >