9.1 to 9.3 disaster area
  • From: Sue Street <streets@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 18:24:57 +0000 (UTC)
I've loaded 9.3 onto my machine. Is there any way I can go back to 9.1?

This is because the only detectable improvement with 9.3 is that I can tell it to release the USB memory stick.

Now broken are:
Eclipse
Apostrophes (something in the keyboard / character encoding) now cannot be typed and existing documents display these as an a with a circumflex, an euro sign (how useless is that in NZ?) and a squiggly thing. Character set is ASCII, keyboard generic 101 US English, location New Zealand, spelling UK English.
CivCTP
Scribus (has vanished without a trace)

This list comprehensively contains everything I have been able to use on 9.1. I never have been able to get R going on 9.x and really do want it going, but my Windows machine doesn't have this problem.

Still broken:
Gnome, R, Radeon display

Any ideas on the apostrophe thing?

Sue Street