Re: [suse-amd64] need help with megaraid driver, suse 9.2
  • From: Harald Milz <hm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 16:39:16 +0000 (UTC)
James D. Parra <Jamesp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Can't figure out why the megaraid module won't load for the LSI Logic
> > MegaRAID 150-6 card. The LSI site has a driver for Suse 9.1, but not for
> > Suse 9.2. Has anyone else had difficulty with this?

> From dmesg I get the following;
> I2O Core - (C) Copyright 1999 Red Hat Software

I don't know the SATA Megaraid controller but I very much doubt it is
related to I2O at all. At least there is no mention of I2O anywhere in the
/usr/src/linux-2.6.8-24.13/drivers/scsi/megaraid/ directory.

Please post the related portion of "lspci", as well as the dmesg
output after "modprobe megaraid" and the "lsmod | grep mega" output
afterwards. Also be sure to check the CONFIG_MEGARAID parameters in
/proc/config.gz, like,

CONFIG_MEGARAID_NEWGEN=y
CONFIG_MEGARAID_MM=m
CONFIG_MEGARAID_MAILBOX=m

--
"Benson, you are so free of the ravages of intelligence"
-- Time Bandits

< Previous Next >
List Navigation