Re: [suse-amd64] Random lockups/freezes when running 64-bit SUSE 9.3 [SOLVED]
  • From: Valur Olafsson <volafsso@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 03:27:51 +0000 (UTC)
With the help of Sudhir Anand I have solved the problem. The key was to get
the source code for the drivers of my USB adapter online, remove all the
precompiled drivers that came with the SUSE kernel (they are
in /lib/modules/), compile the drivers from source and after that everything
worked. No lockups, no hard reboots, everything as smooth as silk.

I got the source from http://at76c503a.berlios.de where they list all the
devices that that particular driver supports. If you see your device listed
there, you should get the cvs nightly tarball, since that is the only version
of that driver that supports kernel 2.6.x.

Thanks for all your help,
- Valur Olafsson

< Previous Next >