what is best 64 bit motherboard
  • From: Jack Malone <jmalone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 19:01:37 +0000 (UTC)
I'm fixing to put together a system for suse linux to run on from the 64 amd cpu. I'm looking at asus, abit,
gigabyte, an msi motherboards.

asus K8V-SE Deluxe K8T800 or K8N-E DELUXE

abit KV8PRO K8T800 Pro

gigabyte GA-K8NSPRO

msi MSI K8N NEO Platinum

I will put in 1 gig of ram on any of these systems. I have used asus boards in the past but am willing to try another one this time around.

These are the models that one of our parts sources has in stock at the moment. If there is another one out there that you would recommend I would look at it also.
If you using one of these does all the on board components work, sound lan ect with suse. I will be putting suse 9.3 on the machine.
thanks