Re: [suse-amd64] Suse 9.3 - which kernel and gcc ?
  • From: Bernd Paysan <bernd.paysan@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 09:43:07 +0000 (UTC)
On Friday 11 March 2005 06:03, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> > * MythTV
>
> Do you have an URL?

http://www.mythtv.org/. It's quite useful now, though it's still under heavy
development. Unlike VDR, it works well with budget DVB cards.

> > * mplayer (ok, that will be a crippled version, so never mind ;-)
>
> The mplayer folks asked us to either ship the full version or none:-(.

Hm, and I thought the mplayer was under GPL ;-).

I'm quite happy with the way it works on xine/kaffeine: You just download a
few "illegal" replacement libraries yourself and then you can decrypt DVDs,
too. Why isn't it possible to do the same thing with mplayer?

> > * Gforth with ffcall-support
> > (http://www.haible.de/bruno/packages-ffcall-README.html), that's mainly
> > an issue sind I'm one of the Gforth developper, and I hate to tell
> > people that when they use SuSE, they have to compile it from the
> > sources.
> > * beamer LaTeX style
>
> Is that in current teTeX?

Yes, since teTeX 3.0.