Re: [suse-amd64] locks on Asus A8V
  • From: Siegbert Baude <siegbert.baude@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 13:21:15 +0000 (UTC)
Hi Stefan,

> You say you use Crucial modules? What kind, DDR2? I use standard PC
> 3200 RAM chips atm, have even tried replacing those, but the only
> thing I can think of in terms of hardware is memory problems...

Those are standard DDR-3200 (not DDR2) modules. I can't tell their exact type as we originally demanded Infineon ones. Our vendor couldn't get them in time, so we changed this on-the-fly by a telephone call only.

With regard to your problems, there are also a lot of rumours about unstable SATA drivers on different linux newsgroups. Do you have an old ATA or SCSI-disk lying around to check this out? But my first normal guess would be RAM, too.

Ciao
Siegbert

< Previous Next >