VIA Sound problems after kernel upgrade
  • From: Alexandre Moutinho Santos <alex.moutinho@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 17:39:20 +0000 (UTC)
I have another problem with my Asus A8V board and SuSE 9.2 x86-64: with the kernel version that comes in the DVD the sound card is detected correctly and everything works perfect. After upgrading the kernel, every time I boot my workstation I have to go to a console, restart alsasound and then restart the X server. Without this I have no sound - while booting have the message that says that the sound module is already installed....
Any solution for this?
Alex