Re: [suse-amd64] [Announce] 9.2 AMD64 Install CD with New Kernel
  • From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 05:56:09 +0000 (UTC)
Ronald Lau <RLau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hi!
>
> As far as I can tell, this patch CD fixes the issue with my nvidia sata
> controller (nForce 250) and built in ethernet.
>
> BUT, since I still havent been able to scratch enough cash to get a DVD
> drive, I still cannot install SuSe 9.2.
>
> Is there a way to make it use an FTP/NFS site/dir instead of the 9.2 DVD?

yes - there should be an article on portal.suse.com about making a ftp
installation. Copy the dvd onto another system and then boot from the
mini-iso or the patch CD and use ftp/http/... as installation source
(press F2 at the first screen!). In this case you have to put the
patchCD also on the installation server.

> I lready tried just setting the source to ftp, but that ignores the updates
> on the patch CD.

Do the installation and load the patches from the patch CD afterwards.

> Or am I missing/ignorant of something?
>
> Thanks for all your help.
>

> R.

Andreas
--
Andreas Jaeger, aj@xxxxxxx, http://www.suse.de/~aj
SUSE Linux Products GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 N├╝rnberg, Germany