Reiserfs errors
  • From: Alexandre Moutinho Santos <alex.moutinho@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 11:30:03 +0000 (UTC)

I'm having a problem related to reiserfs in SuSE 9.2 x86_64. Everytime
I try to compile Mozilla Firefox with the -march=k8 flag, the system
hangs with kernel errors related to reiserfs. I then installed another
disk (a SATA one) and formatted it with ext2 filesystem. After moving
the mozilla folder to this new disk the compilation was made with
absolutly no problems.
I tried to copy the mozilla folder back to the disk formatted in
reiserfs and the process hanged again my PC.
I have a Asus A8V with a AMD3500+ (130nm) and the hard disk is a PATA
Maxtor. I tried with both kernel versions and had the same problem.
I'm using now the one that comes in the DVD because the new one have
problems with alsasound.
Alex