using my own iptables file/rules with SuSEfirewall2
  • From: Rene Salmon <rsalmon@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 23:30:42 +0000 (UTC)
Hi list,

I have my own iptables file wich contains all my iptable rules that I have been working on for quite some time. I would like to copy this
file to my new SuSE 9.1 box with a few minor changes to some of the rules.

I never userd SuSEfirewall2 but it looks like it simply generates all
the rules for you This is great but I alreay have my iptables file with
all the rules I want.

Is there any way to get SuSEfirewall2 to just take my rules and just use them?

I really don't want to have to make a startup script that loads all the
iptables modules and then reads my rules from file. Maybe someone here has done this already?

Any one have any ideas?

Thank you
Rene

< Previous Next >