Von: Shawn Faulkingham [mailto:shawn.faulkingham@xxxxxxxxxx]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 16. Dezember 2004 18:50
An: suse-amd64@xxxxxxxx
Betreff: Re: [suse-amd64] Dual Opteron crashes with Kernel Panic

I would like to verify this as well...we had a v20z that would randomly
shutdown on us. We replaced a faulty fan, and no more shutdowns. I then
got the newest kernel from kernel.org, and was able to get IPMI working
on it as well...Suse 9.0 Pro with 2.6.9 kernel...

On Thu, 2004-12-16 at 08:47 -0700, Eric Whiting wrote:
> Here is something else to look at: (perhaps not related -- I'm new to
> this thread)
>
> Sun Document ID 57680 lists an issue with their dual opteron box
> running
> pci-x cards in 133Mhz slots. It also links to a bios update and an AMD

> errata page that lists other issues.

http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/content_type/white_papers_and_tech_docs/
26310.pdf.

> We have a cluster of dual opterons. A few of these have had kernel
> panic
> issues, but this is usually fixed with a replacement cpu or board.
Most
> of our problems appear to be hardware related and not kernel.
>
> eric
>

> Andi Kleen wrote:
>
> >On Thu, Dec 16, 2004 at 11:27:45AM +0100, Rainer Koenig wrote:
> >

> >>Hi Andreas,

> >>Can you give me more contact info about that Celsius man in
> >>Augsburg?
> >>Per definition it should be me... but I just read about this because
> >>your problem is also showing up at other customers of our CELSIUS
V810

--
Shawn Faulkingham
Indoff Inc.