running noip from rc.local
  • From: Mark Creamer <mcreamer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 03:05:06 +0000 (UTC)
I have downloaded and installed the linux client from no-ip.com. It compiled
successfully, and now I am to the point of trying to get it to run
automatically from boot.

The instructions at http://www.no-ip.com/tips.php/id/13 say to
place /usr/local/bin/noip2 in rc.local and reboot. At that point, it is
supposed to run. So far, that is not happening. I have tried all the
troubleshooting steps I could find, including

1. rc.local is executable
2. adding & to the command line in rc.local
3. running rc.local directly after I log in to make sure it works - it does

is there some other step I need, such as do I have to do something with
init.d?

Thanks!

--
Mark Creamer