Re: [suse-amd64] The included Xine version (SuSE 9.2 AMD64)
  • From: "R.G.J. Vestjens" <rgj.vestjens@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 21:37:33 +0000 (UTC)
On Tuesday 16 November 2004 22:56, Joe Morris (NTM) wrote:
> Jörg Hermsdorf wrote:
> >Well, there are no x86_64 packman xine-lib packages, yet. I tried to build
> > the packman-src.rpm for x86_64 serveral times, but never with success.
>
> Did you also build the packages needed for dependencies?
>
> >So I had a
> >look at the SPEC-File that comes with the SUSE src.rpm on the DVD, seems
> > like SUSE applies some extra AMD64 patches to the official xine sources.
> > Would be cool if someone with more packaging experience could provide at
> > least a src.rpm for x86_64.
>
> I have built x86_64 packages from Packman's src.rpms. If you want, and
> you have the mailbox size, I can either send you the rpms or the src.rpms.
>
> >Maybe the easiest way would be to take the SUSE src.rpm
> >from the DVD and edit the SPEC-File so that none of the patches that
> > restrict the official xine source, due to legal issues, are applied. Then
> > a rebuild of xine for x86_64 should work, shouldn't it?

With my previous SuSE 9.1 (64 bit on Athlon 64) as well as SuSE 9.2 (64 bit on
Athlon 64) I succesfully built a 64 bit xine from source (xine-lib-1-rc6a and
libdvdcss-1.2.7):

1) uninstall the SuSE xine-lib and xine-ui if they were installed already
2) download compile and install libdvdcss if you want to play commercial dvd's
(http://developers.videolan.org/libdvdcss/)
3) download compile and install xine-lib (http://xinehq.de/)
4) (re)install xine-ui from the SuSE DVD

For compilation I used:
./configure --libdir=/usr/lib64
make
su <password>