Re: [suse-amd64] Next SuSE 9.2 and AMD64 laptop
  • From: "Matt T." <Matt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 19:23:04 +0000 (UTC)
On Friday 08 October 2004 02:32, patheve2 wrote:
> Hello all
>
> I could read on the Novell website some news about the next SuSE 9.2
> (perso or pro).
> The address (french pages) :
> http://www.novell.com/products/linuxprofessional/overview.html
> It should be available on next november. The kernel is a 2.6.8 made in
> Suse of course ! (2.6.8.1 exactly ?).
> If you have a look in the previous mails (previous months) about PCMCIA
> and AMD64 laptops,
> you will see that there is a problem with PC cards (modem for example)
> and kernel 2.6.5 (SuSE 9.1).
> My question is for the SuSE developpers : can you tell if this problem
> is solved ? I could read
> in some previous mails that it should be solved in the kernel 2.6.8.0. I
> downloaded the standard
> kernel sources but I never compiled it : I prefer to use a SuSE kernel
> with a SuSe distrib :-) (I did not
> take the time to do it in fact).

you lazybone ;-) It is not much more effort to compile a kernel than to write
and read these posts.

But there is help already today, you can install the SuSE kernels of the day,
which are now 2.6.8.x and they run fine, I do not have problems.

And yes, PCMCIA is working.

You might still have to modify your pcmcia config file to include the memory
and port range.