cannot open shared object file
  • From: rkimber@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 16:14:15 +0000 (UTC)
I'm trying to get a 32bit application running (multi-gnome-terminal)
using a generic binary tarball (I can't get it to build from source on
my machine).

However, I'm having problems with the shared libraries. The program
installs fine, but when I run it I get:-

multi-gnome-terminal: error while loading shared libraries:
libglade-gnome.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory

I've tried putting links to /opt/gnome/lib/libglade-gnome.so.0 in
various places, but to no avail - I guess I don't really know what I'm
doing :)

I'd be grateful for some pointers.

Thanks,
- Richard