Re: [suse-amd64] ASUS K8V Deluxe Motherboard LAN problems (SuSE 9.1 + AMD64 3000+)
  • From: "Moritz Kuerten" <moritz.kuerten@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 09:46:54 +0000 (UTC)
Hello,

> I know that the onboard sound is a lost cause (?) but it would be sad
> to lose two PCI slots.

Isn't the onboard sound a realtek chip?

My Gigabyte K8VT800 Pro works very well with Linux 64. The onboard sound
RealTek 658 is recognized as well as the RealTek Gigabit LAN chip.

And I'm very surprised that the Tekram 395U SCSI-Adapter works and the Acer
Scanner 620ST is working with Gimp.

> I would like to build a couple more of these boxes for my friends and
> family...

Maybe You should change the platform to the Gigabyte K8VT800 Pro, that is
better supported by Linux than the Asus stuff.

Moritz

--
Geschenkt: 3 Monate GMX ProMail + 3 Ausgaben der TV Movie mit DVD
++++ Jetzt anmelden und testen http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail ++++