Re: [suse-amd64] Giving up on 64-bit Linux for now
  • From: Scott Leighton <helphand@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 01:15:38 +0000 (UTC)
On Friday 17 September 2004 3:22 pm, me@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> FWIW, my motherboard is an MSI K8MM and my CPU is an AMD Athlon 3200+.

I'm running the same motherboard but with an Athlon 2800+. As another
poster mentioned, the only issues I've had are compiling certain packages
64 bit. All the SuSE provided software on the DVD works fine out of the box.
Getting DVD stuff to work 64 bit is a royal pain. Certain things flat out
aren't available, like a 64 bit flash player.

Other than the software issues, I've had no problem at all.

Scott

--
POPFile, the OpenSource EMail Classifier
http://popfile.sourceforge.net/