RE: [suse-amd64] Giving up on 64-bit Linux for now
  • From: "Mike Tierney" <miket@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 01:42:50 +0000 (UTC)
I've found that if I try to create a new VMware virtual machine on our
Dual-Opteron server (SuSE SLES8 64-bit) I get a segfault and it crashes
during the guest OS install. However if I create the VM on another (32-bit)
server first and then copy that virtual machine onto the Dual-Opteron
server, it runs just fine on it!

Weird!