Re: [suse-amd64] How does LD_ASSUME_KERNEL work on SuSE Linux?
  • From: Dr J Pelan <J.Pelan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 15:56:02 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 4 Jun 2004, Paul C. Leopardi wrote:

> Matlab is Student Version Release 13
> Maple is Maple 9 Student Edition on CD

One factor is that they are dependent on fairly old glibc implementations
which enables them to run on RH 7.1 systems from yesteryear. This can lead
to occasional problems on more recent platforms.

That said, Matlab R13sp1 is apparently working here on SuSE 9.1 (AMD64)
although I haven't used the JVM environment and nor do I care to. The
official line from Mathworks of course is that there is no native support
for any version of Matlab on the AMD64 platform. It is always worth
letting them know that you think there should be.

o http://www.maplesoft.com/support/Faqs/index.shtml
o http://www.mathworks.co.uk/support/sysreq/index.html

--
John P.