Re: [suse-amd64] cpu affinity with NUMA kernels - 'runon' like command?
  • From: Dan Behman <dbehman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 14:50:12 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Daniel,

Have a look at
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/rml/cpu-affinity/ ...
There's tons of information here that should answer most of your
questions...

To see what cpu a process is running, you can use top... By default, the
"Last Used CPU" field may not be showing - simply hit "f" then "y" to
enable that field and voila! (note that the commands may be slightly
different depending on your version of top)...

As for the where a process' memory is coming from, I don't know how to do
that, but am certainly interested in hearing the answer... :)

----------
Dan Behman
DB2 for Linux Platform Development
IBM Software Development Lab, Office C4-432
Phone: (905) 413-4416 Email: dbehman@xxxxxxxxxx

Please send DB2 for Linux questions to our DB2LinuxDev-CAN distribution
list.
----------

daniel.kidger@qua
drics.com
03/16/2004 08:06 <suse-amd64@xxxxxxxx>
AM cc

Subject
[suse-amd64] cpu affinity with NUMA
kernels - 'runon' like command?

I have two Opteron clusters - one SLES8 based - the other Suse9.
Both are running a 2.4.21 kernel with numa enabled.

Are there any commands available to launch a process onto a given cpu (or
set of cpus) within an SMP ?

and likewise to check:
which cpus a process in on? (cf /proc/12345/cpu)
where it's memory is coming from? (cf say /proc/buddyinfo)

Yours,
Daniel.