Re: [suse-amd64] cpu affinity with NUMA kernels - 'runon' like command?
  • From: Dan Kidger <daniel.kidger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 10:27:42 +0000 (UTC)
Andi / Andreas,
thanks for the information.

We patch and compile our our own kernel - enabling the NUMA options amiongst
other things.

Under sles8 I installed numactl (from SP3) - it worked perfectly. :-)
I could not only see the lastCPUused under top - but I coudl detect the
performance change when I use a CPU close/far from the Golum PCI-X chips.

Under suse9 - I installed the suse9 numactl - but it seem to be silently
ignored - even though the the kernel binary is eactly the same as the sles8
cluster (2.4.21-171numa). I am investigating.

Finally I tried 'scheduler-utilities' under suse9 - this only contains one
file:
$ rpm -qlp \
/home/packages/Linux_x86_64/suse9.0/scheduler-utilities-0.1-150.x86_64.rpm
/usr/sbin/resched

and this doesn't seem to have any NUMA options - just the usual nice-value et
al. Am I missing something ?

Daniel.

Dr. Dan Kidger, Quadrics Ltd. daniel.kidger@xxxxxxxxxxxx
One Bridewell St., Bristol, BS1 2AA, UK 0117 915 5505