RE: [suse-amd64] Amd64 MoBo Recomendations
  • From: Chuck Gibke <CGibke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 23:16:58 +0000 (UTC)
It's 2.4.21-178, pretty much stock.

......Chuck

Previously, Tom hath proclaimed:

>> With kernel 2.4.x or the new 2.6 series ?

Tom# <<

And before that:
I am looking to purchase an Amd64 motherboard and am looking for

recomendations. I was looking at the Asus K8V mobo but see there is some

unsuported chipset on it at this time, does anybody have one of these
running
Suse, or know what function is not supported? <<

I'm using it with Suse 9.0-64 with only a couple of problems:

I haven't gotten the SATA working on either the Via or Promise
controllers so I bought a 3ware 8006 (cheapest one) and now have an SATA
satellite drive working - the system disk is IDE.

I also haven't heard a peep out of the sound card (or speakers, if you
will) even though the card is recognized and it appears the drivers are
loaded. It's connected 'cause the motherboard "talks" to me!

I initially had trouble with the ethernet port and stuck a generic
10/100 in instead - I haven't bothered to check to see if the latest
patches got it running or not.

Other than that, the K8V just hums along nicely!

.....Chuck