Re: [suse-amd64] Moving SuSE 9 from sda2 to hda1
  • From: David Liontooth <liontooth@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 22:26:03 +0000 (UTC)
Thanks! Now what about my other question -- how to move a 9.0 installation from RAID5 to IDE?

Lothar Hansche very helpfully provided the tested recipe for reinstalling from loop-mounted DVDs.

Could I also just dd the current installation over to the new partition?

Something along the lines of

dd if=/dev/sda2 of=/dev/hda1

Now the problem of course is that /dev/sda2 is far larger (500GB) than /dev/hda1 (10GB). Any way around this?
I imagine I can't just use cp or mv as it won't handle the device nodes correctly?

Cheers,
David

Andi Kleen wrote:

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 18:37:44 -0800