Re: [suse-amd64] Mixed 32-bit / 64-bit SuSE
  • From: "Paul C. Leopardi" <leopardi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 02:53:50 +0000 (UTC)
On Wednesday 25 February 2004 13:03, Paul C. Leopardi wrote:
> Bob,
> I think I missed something important here. Why do you need to do what you
> have done. Is something not working in the /lib or /usr/lib directories?
>
> I also installed SuSE Wine Rack and have run Marble Madness (but not yet
> installed anything on Crossover Wine).
>
> What I did was to create a directory /root/cd_update, then
> cd /root/cd_update
> ln -s /media/cdrecorder/* .
> ln -s i386 x86_64
> (My CD is mounted as /media/cdrecorder)
> Then I started yast, went to Patch CD Update and entered /root/cd_update as
> the location.
> Best regards

PS. I didn't install anything from the Wine Rack CD that I didn't already have
on the SUSE Linux DVD. If I had, it might have messed up my system, since the
Wine Rack stuff is all 32bit and installing any such RPM would have removed
the corresponding 64bit RPM.

Also, I meant Marble Blast, not Marble Madness.

So, what I installed from the CD was

crossover-office
crossover-plugin
MarbleBlast
winex3

and everything else was from the SuSE DVD.
Should this have worked? Why or why not?
Best regards