[SUSE 9.0] Kernel panic when loading dpt_i2o driver
  • From: Derek Liu <lanzer22@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 20:08:06 +0000 (UTC)
Till this day I'm still unable to get any AMD/64
kernel to load the dpt_i2o RAID driver. Looking at
the messages, I see that it recognized the adaptor, it
started listing the SCSI devices I have, then came a
kernel panic. It happened on the 2.4.21-143 on the
8.2 server and also on the new 9.0 release.

Before I start troubleshooting, I just wanted to ask
if anyone have gotten the driver working? Here's what
I'm running on my system:

Tyan S2882UGNR motherboard w/Adaptec 79xx SCSI
Adaptec 2015S zero channel RAID adaptor

None of the current AMD/64 distros would recognize the
SCSI device during install, while any i586 distros
runs fine.

Thank you for any input you can give on this issue.

Do you Yahoo!?