Re: [suse-amd64] Eclipse error
  • From: Mark Horton <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 21:52:53 +0000 (UTC)
I do understand that you can't mix 32bit and 64bit libraries. What I
dont understand is why a 32bit appication, like Eclipse, is trying to
load a 64bit library?

The 32bit pango libraries are installed too. Here's what I have related
to pango:

>rpm -qa|grep -i pango
pango-32bit-9.0-0
pango-devel-1.2.5-25
pango-1.2.5-25

BTW I noticed that I don't have a /opt/gnome/lib/pkgconfig directory on
my AMD64 system. I'm not sure if this is a big deal actually but I
noticed that this directory is used in an environment variable on my x86
Suse 9.0 system. I do have a /opt/gnome/lib64/pkgconfig directory however.

My system has the lastest online updates and everything else works fine.

Mark

Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> Mark Horton <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>

>>Hello,
>>I'm getting the error below when I try to start Eclipse 3.0. Eclipse is
>>a java app that uses native libraries such as GTK for window rendering.
>> The file its looking for is definitely there, so I'm guessing this
>>error is caused because it cant load the 64bit library. Is there a way
>>to tell this particular app to use the 32bit GTK libs?
>

> You cannot mix 32-bit and 64-bit code in an process.
>

>>This is on suse 9.0 AMD.
>>
>>Cannot load module
>>/opt/gnome/lib64/pango/1.2.0/modules/pango-basic-xft.so:
>>/opt/gnome/lib64/pango/1.2.0/modules/pango-basic-xft.so: cannot open
>>shared object file: No such file or directory
>

> If eclipse is a 32-bit binary, you should install the 32-bit pango
> libraries from the following package:
>
> $ rpm -qf /opt/gnome/lib/pango/1.2.0/modules/pango-basic-xft.so
> pango-32bit-9.0-0
>

> Andreas

< Previous Next >