Chipset support of SuSE8.2-x86-64-Beta9
  • From: Marco Maske <maskemarco@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 20:01:37 +0000 (UTC)
Hello together,

I'am Newbie and very interesting of SuSE x86-64 and want built a PC with
the AMD Opteron CPU. I've read there some Problems with the Asus-SK8N
with Nvidia chipset. I've no problems to install SuSE8.x on x86-32bit
or compile some apps. But compile a Kernel is to difficult for me in
the moment.
I don't need the Promise-SATA-Raid chip but need Adaptec2940-SCSI card
for HD and CD-Rom, the Realtec-Lan and ALC-Soundchip. I want use xfree,
KDE, Gimp, Ooffice and Sound with alsa. Have I a chance to get this
"out of box" with the 8.2beta?
Or is the Tyan-ThunderK8W (1 CPU fist and <4GBRam) with the AMD8131
chipset the bether choise, means bether support and easier to install?

Maybe Andreas J. knows:
Is there a Date when the SuSE8.3amd-x86 is ready to buy? Becomes the
Price nearly how the SuSE8.x Pro (ca. 100$ or Eur)?
--
Ciao Marco, registered GNU/Linux-User#313353