Re: [opensuse-marketing] Re: [opensuse-ambassadors] Want to help with something simple yet important?
  • From: Athanasios-Ilias Rousinopoulos <zoumpis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 18:50:02 +0300
Στις 27/03/2012 07:32 μμ, ο/η Jos Poortvliet έγραψε:
On Friday, March 16, 2012 10:16:32 G G wrote:
Question: do i have to fork the whole repo on Github so that i can
send pull request? Or there is another way? (Same question about the
traslation of landing page and wiki's strings but it's off topic in
this case...).

I'm not a git expert, so expect many problems and question from me! :P
No problem :D

Yes, you have to fork it - sounds bigger than it is, however. It's the way git
works and forking is a completely normal thing, basically. You can, as AJ
said, also send files to him or me or the others who have access but forking
and creating merge requests is easier I suppose...

But we can also just give you access to the repo, if you like :D

Bye
hawake
Hello everybody,

G G personally i manage my git repo by using Eclipse [1] and EGit plug-in [2] . It is very easy and you can make commits and push very fast.

That's my suggestion.

Regards ,

Athanasios-Ilias Rousinopoulos

[1] "How to install Eclipse within 10 Steps" - http://zoumpis.wordpress.com/2011/11/28/how-to-install-eclipse-3-7-indigo-sr1-in-opensuse-12-1-kde-only-within-10-steps/