Re: [opensuse-ambassadors] Welcome our new ambassador from UK
kOn Sun, 2011-10-02 at 16:11 +0300, Kostas Koudaras wrote:
Hey Ambassadors
Please all give a warm welcome to our new UK ambassador, Richard Brown
from Brighton.
Below you can learn more about him and his relationship with openSUSE
as he told us in his own words.

*What have I done already for openSUSE?
Well a decent summary of my contributions is on my connect profile
https://connect.opensuse.org/pg/profile/RBrownCCB
But the really short version is 'I help find bugs, find workarounds,
support folk in IRC, and promote openSUSE in my office, online, and to
anyone unfortunate enough to listen"
and now I'm dabbling in art doing wallpapers and stuff..
https://picasaweb.google.com/101804214464023770367/OpenSUSEArtwork

*What are my plans for promotion openSUSE in the next 6 months?
In a few weeks I will be at Brainshare (www.novell.com/brainshare)
helping out at the first openSUSE booth at this event
I will be carrying out a number of workshops at my local college
(where I work) to get more students interested in openSUSE
I plan to go to FOSDEM...
and I'll be doing my usual evangelising of openSUSE at every other
opportunity that comes up

*Am I ready to start promoting openSUSE?
Too late, I already am promoting openSUSE :)

*Best kept secret?
The community, and the beer.
UK

*Why do I love to do this?
I'm a hardcore geek, and openSUSE is the perfect operating system for
hardcore geeks..

*When did I start?
I started with Linux/SUSE back in 2003. I guess I'm experienced enough
to start considering myself an old man..maybe?

Hi Richard

Welcome to Brighton from Bolton :)

If you know of any UK Events I would be interested in teaming up with
you to promote openSUSE + Balsam Professional.

--
Kind Regards
Stuart Tanner

24 Vincent Street