Re: [opensuse-ambassadors] Welcome our new Greek ambassador
  • From: James Mason <bear454@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 09:39:34 -0700
Oh no... more Greeks.

Just kidding - welcome!

- James Mason 'bear454'

On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 4:36 AM, Chuck Payne <terrorpup@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 7:34 AM, Bruno Friedmann <bruno@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Welcome Anastasios in our crazy geeko's familly !

On 04/04/2011 11:49 AM, Kostas Koudaras wrote:
Hi openSUSE Ambassadors
Please all give a warm welcome to Anastasios Ksouzafeiris , our new
ambassador from Greece.
Below you can learn more about him and his relationship with openSUSE
as he told us in his own words.

 * What have you done already for openSUSE?
 I have help Greek openSUSE Community organize the trip at Athens and
 Patra for two main FOSS events in greece. Also I've help Jos with the
 wiki maintenance and making some bars and pages on it, and spread it
 to the Ambassadors community. More specified the "Talking Points" page
 and making navigation bars and linking in the pages below. And a week
 ago i installed openSUSE 11.4 to a company as main OS for working
 Libre Office in their offices. As far i haven't contributed a lot on
 this but i will do my best in the next few days/months with various
 work.

 * What are your plans for promoting openSUSE? Please tell us what you
 want to do the next 6 months.
In the near future and more specific on Monday, i make an agreement
 with 1 Institution here in Thessaloniki and after a discussion we had
 they will change the Linux Lab and Lesson from Mint & Ubuntu to
 openSUSE. I will help the teacher with the installation in the main
 server that students connect and learning CLI (command line
 interface). Also i will do a mini speak to the class for openSUSE.
 After this i will be in the 2 main events in Greece (OpenFest,
 Fosscomm) as a booth supporter and in the second one i will be speaker
 for OBS with an other openSUSE Greek Community member (Eustathios
 Agrapidis). As well after these events I will try to find another
 events or speaking places to promoting openSUSE. Of course i promote
 it to everyone that i support as my main work (Systems Administrator).

Hey that's cool, I really hope more institutions like that one will make the
same choice in E.U.
Next step is replacing the Windows learning courses ? :D

 * Are you ready to start promoting openSUSE?
 I am ready for this and i will do the best i can. After all these
 years as linux user/supporter i feel it's time to work hard for this.

 * What do you think is the best kept secret of openSUSE?
 The best kept secret of openSUSE i think that it is the Wonderful
 community. The people that i know from the community as far are
 awesome and so labor with great ideas on their heads.

Agree.

 * Why do you love to do this?
 As an open source supporter i love to talk people about this and how
 things works for free!

 * How did you start with with Linux/openSUSE? What is your level of
  experience?
 I started learning Linux in 2003 with my friend and since then is my
 main OS. With openSUSE I involved after a talk I had with a member
 from Greek Community (Eustathios Iosifidis) and since then openSUSE
 have been my addiction. My level of experience in Linux it is very
 good because of my job i work to a company as Systems Administrator on
 Linux/Unix machines.

We share a same kind of profile. And yes Systems Administrator on Linux/Unix
is one of the best job we can have.
Except the Jos's one :D

I will meet you at Fosscomm, see you there.

--

Bruno Friedmann
Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch

openSUSE Member & Ambassador
GPG KEY : D5C9B751C4653227
irc: tigerfoot

Welcome to the family. If you need any help, please feel free to ask
for help or any advise.

--
(678) 636-9678
openSUSE Ambassador/openSUSE Member