Re: [opensuse-ambassadors] openSUSE Mentoring Program
  • From: Chuck Payne <terrorpup@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 18:53:24 -0500
On Sun, Dec 12, 2010 at 2:45 PM, S.Kemter
<buergermeister@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

Am Sonntag 12 Dezember 2010, 18:27:08 schrieb Manu Gupta:
I said I agree with a No Mentors Policy but suddenly it strikes me
that we should use experience of some people who have been before our
time and can act as central point of contact

IMO, Chuck aka terrorpup is one of them
S Kemter aka Gnokii  is one of them

I say this because they are involved from the beginning of the beginning
of the project and they can help us a lot more. Plus it would be nice
for people to know who they should speak to rather than randomly asking
on IRC

when I see it right, what the others mean its that what I had in mind, there
as not a selected group of mentors to be.
We should not use the expierence of some people, we should use the expierience
of all of us.
I think it should be normal to help with advise when u can it and sometimes
put the new one, when he need help to the right person if u not know the
answer self.

We should feel responsible for the person next to us and not try to creates
new jobs with  titles.

br gnokii

Regards
Manu