Mailinglist Archive: blinux (22 mails)

< Previous Next >
Re: [suse-blinux] Info about suse 9.2
  • From: Christian Schoepplein <schoeppi@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 09:19:26 +0000 (UTC)
Hi!

On Mo, Mai 23, 2005 at 11:06:54 +0200, Sauro Cesaretti wrote:
>I tried to work with handytech, but when the installation program recognize
>the display,
>I read only strange character on the display and I can't move the position
>of the display with keys as usual.

The problem is, that the installation programm thinks a braille device
from Handy Tech is connected..., because the protocoll of Handy Tech is
in use. So all data for Handy Tech devices are loaded, keymap e.g., and
that results in the different keymapping on your display :-(.

With the protocolls from Baum no recognition is possible..., so there is
no chance to get the right keymaps for your braille display working
during installation, sorry.

>Surely handytech is only the mode that work, but I don't understand the
>problem.

As written above, the keys are maped different to the normal mapping for
your device. But you should not see strange characters. Isn't it really
possible to move arround the screen?

>I hope threre is a solution for this problem.

The only solution I can sugest is to install the system with sighted
help :-(. Or give AutoYaST a try. With AutoYaST you can do a automated
installation, even without a braille display.

--
Gruss / Regards,
Christian Schoepplein <schoeppi@xxxxxxx>

SUSE LINUX GmbH - SUSE-Blinux Support
WWW: http://www.blinux.suse.de
Phone: Germany: 0180 / 500 36 12 (12ct/min)
Austria: 0820 / 500 781 (14,5ct/min)
Switzerland: 0848 / 860 847