Mailinglist Archive: blinux (11 mails)

< Previous Next >
Re: [suse-blinux] tts and blinux
  • From: Christian Schoepplein <schoeppi@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 21:24:11 +0000 (UTC)
Hello!

On Fre, Apr 12, 2002 at 04:28:25 -0400, Robert Lumley wrote:

> Hi, i want to know how googd the support is for hardware synths in
> blinux? can I install using an hardware synth? How well does it track
> using speech? I'm a poor braille reader is it possible to use with more
> speech and less braille?

Yes, SuSE-Blinux supports the apollo2 and the infovox 700 hardwaresynts.
It is easy to integrate new hardwaresynts into SuSE-Blinux, the only
requirement is that the synt is connected to the serial port of your
computer, cards like dektalk arenn't supported :-(.

> Has blinux been updated any since suse 7.0?

Yes, there are 3 new versions of SusE-Blinux since 7.0, the actual
version is 1.4. The newer versions are supporting more brailledisplays
and an interface to mbrola, a free softwarespeech, was integrated.

Best regards,
Schoeppi

--
SuSE-Blinux Support