Mailinglist Archive: blinux (21 mails)

< Previous Next >
Re: [suse-blinux] Installing with an Alva Braille Display. (fwd)
  • From: marco skambraks <marco@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 12:40:16 +0000 (UTC)
hi gordon,
> Hi again. I have the Alva working now with the installation process, and
> it is seeing it on Com2 every time. One more question, if I may. I only
> have a 40-character display. Therefore, obviously, I am only seeing half
> of each line. When I press the key on the Alva which usually advances to
> the next 40 characters, I am still missing important parts of the displayed
> line. Is there a way I can move smoothly around the screen? But I am
> encouraged greatly by the fact that at least I am now seeing some response
> from the terminal.
the braille-buttons are counted from left to right
press:
B004 for line-up
B0005 for line-left
B006 for line-right
B007 for line-down
B003 for ump to current-cursor-postition

you can make your own keymap
look into /usr/lib/suse-blinux/keymap/abt340.map
after the installation

we'll improve the installing proccess in the 7.3

!! please send replies to the list !!

have fun

marco