Re: [opensuse-translation] Authors in description of rpm (packages files)
2011/8/31 Александр Мелентьев <alex239@xxxxxxxxx>:
2011/8/30 Andrea Turrini <andrea.turrini@xxxxxxxxx>:
Anyway, how can I/we check that translation is  actually used by
rpm/zypper/yast?
My doubt is that removing Authors from the description, then there is
a mismatch between the actual description and the msgid in the .mo
file.
What is the actual doubt? It all works like in other software:

My doubt is:
actual description of a package (kblocks, in the example):
~~~~
KBlocks is the KDE version of the classic falling blocks game.

Authors:
--------
The KDE Team <kde@xxxxxxx>
~~~~

current msgid:

msgid "KBlocks is the KDE version of the classic falling blocks game."

So, if rpm/zypper/yast looks for the actual description, it can not be
found in the .pot/.po/.mo file but only if rpm removes Authors: before
looking for the translation.

Does this happen?

Regards,
Andrea