Re: [opensuse-project] Re: Freight Train/Bugzilla discussions, etc.
  • From: Helen South <helen.south@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 13:20:45 +1000
I think if there aren't any issues, the discussions can/should continue,
but it would be useful to organize into a few discrete task groups.

So far it feels like a very productive discussion; if everyone is
using threaded email it shouldn't be too much of a burden for most,
but happy to take it elsewhere if need be.

If taking it off-list or to another venue (forum/CONNECT/offlist
email?) please keep me in the loop; I'm very interested in this topic
and hope I may contribute productively (in part, as representing the
less technical user who might be daunted by the current
infrastructure) as well as in writing up instructional text & working
on any nomenclature issues.

I've just emailed Jim off list as I missed the thread on project
management software, regarding possible use of Piratepad or similar
gathering-place for ideas and tasks in the interim.  I have in mind a
few tasks, which I'd be happy to undertake if these are relevant eg:
canvassing developers for top5 issues, organizing data as presented
earlier on bug resolution rates, and polling users about their
Bugzilla experience and why they have or haven't tried to report bugs,
etc. I also plan to spend some time examining the workflow in other
projects.

Helen

IRC: helen_au
helen.south@xxxxxxxxxxxx