Re: [opensuse-project] Improving the bug management lifecycle/process
  • From: Bryen M Yunashko <suserocks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 07:22:13 -0500
few weeks before closing the bugs that didn't get a reply...

While I get the whole "Hey, its fixed in future release" thing, I think
some people find this offputting. Again, its an issue of understanding
the nature of how things work. We need a clearer explanation of why we
WONTFIX it now in the current release. Some people want the fix now
rather than feel forced to wait for the final release of next version.
Nor might they actually plan on upgrading with each new release.

Not saying I agree with their thinking, but I can see how they might
feel they're not being cared about if they're told "next release." Too
many people out there are still accustomed to the concept of Service
Packs to fix their current release.

And yes, I know we can't make everyone happy. :-)

Bryen