Re: [opensuse-project] download.opensuse.org IPV6 address breaks updates
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 May 2012 14:43:01 +0200
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2012-05-08 13:56, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

Well, I still don't see that it makes a difference. Wrt zypper, IPv6
is tried when IPV4 isn't available. The end result is the same = no
download.

Sometimes zypper tries an IPv6 address, when there is another server
that has IPv4. This is wrong.

Yes, that ought to be a bugreport.

Anyway, it's not up to you to tell an application which addresses to
look up and how. If you really want to reject all DNS replies for a
AAAA query, maybe iptables can help.

Some applications have indeed a switch to tell them to use only IPv4.

Yes, although mostly network oriented apps where it is more important.

Zypper does not. As zypper does not, I search for ways to fool zypper
into not using IPv6, like not getting IPv6 responses from the DNS
system.

Well, I can only say that I have never had any such IPv6 issues (and
yes, everything here is enabled for IPv6).

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (20.4°C)