Re: [opensuse-project] Introducing the Freight Train
On 05/07/2012 09:24 AM, Lars Müller wrote:
On Mon, May 07, 2012 at 06:20:55PM +0200, Christian Boltz wrote:

The most serious problem I remember from SLE10 and SLE11 development is
bugzilla - SLE bugs are non-public, which can cause some frustration for
openSUSE contributors if they want to understand the details of a change
by reading the bnc# referenced in the .changes or, even worse, if a
public openSUSE bug is marked as a duplicate of a non-public SLE bug.

Are there any plans to make the SLE bugs public by default?

I understand that some customers might want to have their reports non-
public, and I fully understand and accept this. There's nothing wrong
with having the _option_ to flag a report non-public - but IMHO all
bugreports should be public unless there is a good reason to mark them
private.

+1

Cheers,

Lars

+1 as well.

It is not just frustrating, it is a barrier to understanding why certain patches or changes were made. Moreover, over time the change or patch(es) may not be applicable due to upstream changes.

At a minimum, those with an @opensuse.org e-mail should be allowed to access them. Just IMHO.

Thanks,

Peter