Re: [opensuse-project] download.opensuse.org IPV6 address breaks updates
  • From: Bruno Friedmann <bruno@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 May 2012 20:30:48 +0200

On 2012-05-07 19:32, Per Jessen wrote:
Per Jessen wrote:

Carlos, I've checked all the openSUSE mirrors from
http://mirrors.opensuse.org/list/all.html, and none of them are
IPv6-only.

I assure you it happens. Very seldom, but it happens. To me it happened
twice, I think. Some people get them all the time. I do not know if they
are IPv6 only, or if they get that IP first, or the IPv4 address fails
and then it switches to the IPv6 one.

Then zypper should be able to handle a -4 parameter, which then like in curl
and wget and most program
forbid the try to use ipv6 ...

extract of man curl
-4, --ipv4
If libcurl is capable of resolving an address to multiple IP
versions (which it is if it is IPv6-capable), this option tells libcurl to
resolve names to IPv4
addresses only.

-6, --ipv6
If libcurl is capable of resolving an address to multiple IP
versions (which it is if it is IPv6-capable), this option tells libcurl to
resolve names to IPv6
addresses only. default statistics.

A missing in development of zypper, bug, enhancement ?

Just don't forget that some part of the world can't use ipv4, and one day or
another ipv6 will be mandatory.

--
Bruno Friedmann
Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch